The Water Buffalo Club continues its commitment to the children of Los Angeles during this difficult time. Over the last few months we have:
- Distributed over $100,000 to help fund projects and programs for at risk youth.
- Donated over 100,000 pleasure reading books.
- Provided over 7,500 hot and nutritious meals.
Donated school supplies for over 1,500 children.
Check out this video from one of our recent grant recipients Film2Future:
Here’s more information on some of the amazing things we have accomplished:
- We funded $5,000 for Chromebooks to allow their mentoring programming to continue virtually to Principles of Success.
- We donated 5,000 masks to local at-risk children.
- We donated 5,000 books to at risk foster youth with our partner The Book Foundation.
- We donated 1,000 activity books to Children’s Hospital LA for use with their patients.
- We donated 1,000 activity books to USC Medical Center’s Pediatric Department for use with their patients.
- We funded 1,000 personal hygiene items for elementary and middle school girls.
- We funded 7,500 hot meals for at risk youth in partnership with the Falcons Youth and Family Services.
- We donated 500 bags with educational supplies to at risk elementary students at a local charter school.
- We donated 200 N-95 PPE Masks for the staff at USC Medical Center.
- We funded $500 for necessities for homeless teenage boys to Present Now, Teens helping Teens.
- We donated 84,000 children’s books in partnership with the Pico-Union Project!
- We donated $10,500 to EmpowHer Institute for $100 gift cards for food and emergency supplies to 100 of their student participant’s families.
- We donated $12,500 to Film2Future – for professional level software, hot spots, computers to support turning a four-year professional level editing, directing and film program into a fully virtual program due to COVID.
- We donated $10,000 for pleasure reading books for elementary students at two campuses in partnership with The Book Foundation.
- We donated $5,000 for computers to support the summer programming at Steam:Coders.
- We donated $10,000 for computers to support the Tech Gyrls summer programs for over 90 girls at the YWCA Pasadena Foothill Valley.
- We donated $3,500 for physical upgrades which will allow for socially distant onsite after school programming at Hands4Hope.
- We provided over 600 backpacks, school supplies, books and clothing kits for foster families with Make Good Inc.
- We provided 10,000 pencils for back to school supply kits for students in need at Brentwood Science Magnet.
- We provided over 50 teacher resource kits at 93rd Street Elementary School.
- We provided books and toys for over 500 foster children for the Holidays.
- We provided school supplies for students in need at 93rd Street Elementary School.