For decades, the WBC has partnered with many organizations that use sports to change lives and provide hope to kids who face adversity. The WBC recognizes that athletic programs provide a foundation that promotes growth in many areas. Sports promote social inclusion, instill leadership and improve the quality of life for the athletes involved in a sports program, while simultaneously improving the neighborhoods where these kids reside. It’s a win-win!
The WBC partners with local children’s charities to provide fishing programs and excursions to inner city kids, teaches children how to ride horses, sponsors little league baseball teams and Pop Warner football teams, teaches children to play lacrosse and builds playgrounds for children with special needs.
The WBC supports kids by partnering with various law enforcement agencies and charities.
- Sponsors the Watts Bears Pop Warner Football Team (LAPD SE Division).
- Started the Topanga PAL Bicycle Refurbishment Program, Wresting Program, Running Team and Fishing Program.
- Purchased a van for Operation Progress (LAPD Mentoring Program in Watts).
- Purchased wrestling mats and equipment for Crossroads Intervention (LA School-Police program in San Fernando Valley).
- Refurbished a school bus for the Community Youth Activities League at LAPD Newton Division.